As we near the end of the year, here is a reminder that there are two Safe Space 101 trainings left that are available to employees. The details are listed below, as well as how to RSVP for a session.
– Monday, April 22, 4-7 p.m., Union Square Room, Hunt Union
– Tuesday, May 14, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Butternut Valley Room, Hunt Union
How to RSVP:
- Go to https://connect.oneonta.edu.
- In the top right corner, there will be a button labeled SIGN IN. Click that and log in with your Oneonta username and password.
- Once back on the home dashboard, in the search bar, you can type in “Safe Space 101”. The events will populate, and you can select which one you’d like to attend. Please make sure to select one that’s labeled accordingly (i.e. Employees select “Faculty/Staff Only”).
- Once you select the event, you’ll go to the specific event page and after scrolling down, you’ll see a button labeled RSVP TO THIS EVENT. Click that and you should be good to go. You will get email notification closer to the session date with more information.
If the above dates don’t work, there will be more monthly options next academic year.
If there are any questions or if your department/office would like to schedule a training session for your unit for over the summer, please contact Emily Phelps, Assistant Director for Student Life & Leadership/GSRC at Emily.Phelps@oneonta.edu.