A message from Property Management:
The campus Property Management (PM) office is required to administer the SUNY Property Control System (PCS). This system ensures our campus meets the requirements for the proper and timely reporting of equipment transactions, and that we take steps to safeguard against loss. The entire campus community is charged with the responsibility to safeguard state-owned assets—regardless of their value. Campus departments should make every effort to be good stewards of State-owned equipment in their jurisdiction.
Campus departments are responsible for:
* Reporting acquisitions of property. (When making purchases using your SUNY Oneonta Visa card, ALWAYS send a copy of the purchase requisition, including the Visa document number, for EQUIPMENT purchases to Willy Wood in Property Management. Fax to x 2568)
* Notifying property management of changes in property status and location
* Notifying PM of theft and loss of equipment.
* Providing access to property for tagging and inventory functions.
* Participating in verifying data included in annual inventory.
Please note: annual inventories will be sent to campus department chairs/directors/managers on February 1 and need to be completed by February 15. Spot checks of campus owned equipment will take place during the spring semester. For more information please see: http://www.oneonta.edu/facilities/equipment.asp