New student exhibition to open in Project Space Gallery

INTIMATE MOMENTS WITH MOM, An exploration of maternal roots by Mikala Gallo will be on exhibit in the Fine Arts Center, Project Space Gallery from November 15 to December 14. A gallery reception will be held Thursday, November 15 from 5 to 7 pm.

The student exhibition will feature photographs by Mikala Gallo. About her show she states: “INTIMATE MOMENTS WITH MOM is an exploration of my maternal roots as a way to navigate my relationship with my mother as well as my relationship with myself through photography. … INTIMATE MOMENTS WITH MOM is more than a simple collection of photographs, it is my recording of the soul force my mother emits.”

The Martin-Mullen Art Gallery and Project Space Gallery are free and open to the public from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday when college is in session and during special events. For more information about the gallery or upcoming exhibitions, contact Gallery Director, Tim Sheesley at (607)436-2445 , (607)436-3456 or visit https://suny.oneonta.edu/art-department/art-galleries.