New student exhibition in Project Space Gallery to open Thursday

Student Exhibition: One Hour with Grandma by Chumin Wu will be on exhibit in SUNY Oneonta’s Project Space Gallery from October 18 to November 9. A gallery reception will be held Thursday, October 25 from 5 to 6 p.m.

One Hour with Grandma, is a photographic essay of Wu’s visit with her grandmother in China. About the exhibition she says: “I visited my grandma this year and I spent an hour with her, having lunch and talking to her. My grandma lives alone in the family ancestral house built in the 1800s in southern China since she was married to my grandpa in 1946. She is now 96 years old, so I don’t know how much time left I can spend with her.  As a pho­tographer, I decided to use my digital camera to capture all these moments to keep them in my memories…”

The Martin-Mullen Art Gallery and Project Space Gallery are free and open to the public from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday when the college is in session and during special events. For more information about the gallery or upcoming exhibitions, contact Gallery Director, Tim Sheesley at (607)436-2445, (607)436-3456 or visit https://suny.oneonta.edu/art-department/art-galleries