This is a reminder that Bryan Stevenson, author of “Just Mercy” – the 2018 Common Read book – will be on campus Monday, Sept. 24 to meet with faculty and students during the day and for a public lecture in the evening.
Please encourage students to attend one of the two smaller sessions with Bryan Stevenson at the Hunt Union Waterfront. The first session from 3:30 to 4:20 p.m. will focus on curricular issues related to the book, and the second student session from 4:20 to 5:10 p.m. will focus on diversity issues. Faculty and staff have the opportunity to meet with him from 5:10 to 6 p.m. The Mills Distinguished Lecture, at 7 p.m., is open to the public. Below are the links to sign up for these events on Campus Connection.
3:30 p.m. Students/Curricular: https://connect.oneonta.edu/event/2747431
4:20 p.m. Students/Diversity and Inclusion: https://connect.oneonta.edu/event/2747432
5:10 p.m. Employees/Curricular: https://connect.oneonta.edu/event/2747434
7:00 p.m. Mills Distinguished Lecture: https://connect.oneonta.edu/event/2644191
A calendar of events for the Common Read can be viewed at https://suny.oneonta.edu/diversity/common-read/calendar-events
The Faculty Center has a number of upcoming events. For more details on events or to RSVP, please visit us at our webpage at https://suny.oneonta.edu/faculty-center or sign up for events at https://oneonta.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/facdev (be sure to click the Load More box to see the complete listing).
- OER Applications (for more details contact Ed Beck in TLTC)
- How to Academia: Identifying Career Pathway Milestones
- September 28, 1:45 to 3:30 p.m., 104 Morris
- Fourth Fridays @ 4 p.m. (for more details contact Kristen Blinne)
- September 28; October 26; November 30; 4 p.m., Roots Brewing Company
- Fall Faculty Institute (view the full schedule at https://suny.oneonta.edu/faculty-center/programs-and-services/teaching-innovation-institute )
- October 12, 11:30 to 5 p.m., Morris Hall
- Craft your own schedule! Attend what you can throughout the day by selecting individual sessions when you RSVP online.
- Brown Bag- Laura Lincoln, Alumni Engagement
- October 17, 11:45 to 12:30 p.m., 159 Fitzelle Faculty Lounge
- Brown Bag- DegreeWorks is your Friend, Academic Advisment
- October 22 & 23, 11:45 to 12:30 p.m., 159 Fitzelle Faculty Lounge
- Brown Bag- NYS Excelsior Scholarships and Degree Planning, Academic Advisement
- October 24 & 25, 11:45-12:30 p.m., 159 Fitzelle Faculty Lounge
Did you know that SUNY Oneonta offers emergency assistance to students experiencing unforeseen financial challenges? Our new Student Emergency Fund provides grants to pay for urgent expenses resulting from unforeseen events such as:
- homelessness or threat of eviction;
- medical or dental emergencies;
- loss of employment;
- theft; and
- natural disasters.
Examples of eligible expenses include rent, utilities, clothing, furniture, medical expenses, back-up child care, back-up transportation, and replacement of stolen items needed for school.
If you know students who might benefit from this program, please direct them to learn more and apply for funds online.
The Office of Opportunity Program’s (EOP/ACE) Student Opportunities and Leadership (S.O.A.L.) Committee is having a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings on Thursday, September 20 from 11 a.m. to midnight. Go kick back and watch a game and order food. Ten percent of your bill will go to S.O.A.L. when you show the waiter the ticket for the fundraiser.
This group thrives solely off of fundraising, and we look forward to participating as a way to interact with the greater Oneonta community and raise money for educational, social, and cultural events throughout the academic year.
Tickets can be picked up from the EOP Office in Alumni Hall. Please contact Jihnay.email@example.com or (607) 436-2075 for details regarding tickets.