The process to add college calendar dates to your Outlook calendar has been updated to a Calendar subscription model that automatically updates as changes are made to existing entries and/or additional entries are added (including future semesters/years).
To add the calendar subscription as an overlay to your default calendar, complete the following steps:
- Login to Office 365 (Windows users can follow these general steps in their desktop Outlook application OR in Office 365).
- Select “Outlook”
- At the bottom of the navigation pane, select Calendar
- On the toolbar, select Add Calendar > From Internet:
- In the Calendar subscription dialog box, (copy and) paste in the URL (ending in .ics) of the calendar you would like to add:
- Specify a unique calendar name for the calendar such as “College Calendar”
- Click Save
- In Office 365, you now should see the calendar you just added, as an overlay, in addition to your own calendar and any others you have access to see/have selected. Once your desktop Outlook application synchronizes with the server, you will see it there as well.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the calendar subscription in Office 365 to sync with your desktop Outlook application. You may also have to restart your desktop Outlook application in order for the synced calendar to appear.
Removing the calendar overlay can be done in one step, just right click on the calendar and remove it. To add it back, follow the steps above at any time.