This is a reminder that the planning committee for this year’s Lavender Graduation Recognition Ceremony is still accepting award nominations. Awards will honor graduating Seniors and Faculty/Staff members for exceptional service, leadership, and activism on behalf of the LGBTQIA community. Award nominations are due by noon on Friday, April 6.
To RSVP and/or submit award nominations, go to the Lavender Graduation page on the GSRC website at http://tinyurl.com/GSRClavgrad.
Please see below for award details:
LGBTQIA SERVICE AND ACTIVISM AWARD
Recognizes a Senior and member of the LGBTQIA community for:
- Extraordinary service and outstanding leadership to support and build the LGBTQIA campus community and to promote LGBTQIA issues and awareness at SUNY Oneonta;
- Commitment and outstanding contribution to raising awareness and being an activist and voice for change;
- Contribution to and involvement in SUNY Oneonta LGBTQIA life and enduring commitment to building community and educating the campus about LGBTQIA issues; OR
- Tremendous effort to serve the LGBT community through building coalitions across groups at SUNY Oneonta.
Recognizes a Senior for their important contributions as a (heterosexual and cisgender) friend and ally of the LGBTQIA community. Honorees may have:
- Been an active member of the SUNY Oneonta LGBTQA community;
- Helped with special projects;
- Raised awareness and participated in activism; OR
- Provided both a safe space and a voice for LGBTQIA issues at SUNY Oneonta.
Recognizes excellence and commitment in building connections between the LGBTQA community and broader student life (Residential Life, Greek life, Athletics, Multiculturalism, Student Association, etc.)
Recognizes outstanding dedication, service, and leadership to the LGBTQIA Students and SUNY Oneonta Campus Community.