The SUNY Oneonta Alumni Association is seeking nominations for the 2018 Alumni of Distinction Presentation of Honors. The Alumni of Distinction honor illustrates the great value of the academic experience at SUNY Oneonta and increases the pride alumni, students, staff and faculty have for the college. This honor is bestowed upon our most notable alumni at a reception to be held Friday, September 28 in the Ballroom, Hunt Union.
Nominations must be received no later than April 6, 2018 in order to be considered for the next presentation of honors.
Selected from nominations submitted by faculty, staff, alumni and friends, these individuals must meet the criteria below:
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree at SUNY Oneonta
- Made professional contributions in their field and/or communities and through their achievements bring distinction to themselves and the college
- Demonstrated leadership, character and service
- Made significant impact in their area of expertise
- Been recognized by their peers and community
- Demonstrated leadership in philanthropic endeavors
- Made significant contributions to community through volunteerism or philanthropic giving
- Been an exemplary role model for others
If you know of a graduate of SUNY Oneonta who meets the criteria above, submit a nomination of no more than 750 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nominee’s full name (including maiden name if applicable), class year, address, phone number and email address. Nominations are kept confidential unless that nominator chooses to disclose this information.