Congratulations to the following students who were elected to the College at Oneonta Foundation Board of Directors at the April 14, 2017 board meeting. All terms begin in June 2017.
Taylor DeMarco, Class of 2018, Elected as a Student Director
- Major: Adolescent Education, minor in Mathematics
- Extracurricular activities: Secretary of the Association of Secondary Educators, Resident Advisor in Sherman Hall, Honorary member on the College at Oneonta Foundation Board
- Hometown: Marlboro, NY
- Currently an Honorary Director
Julie Steinhauer, Class of 2019, Elected as a Student Director
- Major: International Studies
- Extracurricular activities: Oneonta Women’s Varsity Soccer, Member of Dr. Joe Heissan Leadership Academy, Soccer clinics (travel to local school districts to teach children the fundamentals of soccer)
- Hometown: East Syracuse, NY
Cheyenne Pommelle, Class of 2019, Elected as an Honorary Director
- Major: Biology
- Extracurricular Activities: Students of Color Coalition, Hall Government Secretary, Participant in Parasitology Research with Dr. Florian Reyda (we will be presenting our research in the 2017 Student Research and Creativity Day), Dance Club “Xclusive,” Volunteer and Presenter for Oneonta Diversity and Leadership Conference.
- Hometown: Harlem, NY
James Bethel, Class of 2019, Elected as an Honorary Director
- Major: Secondary Education with a concentration in Biology
- Extracurricular activities: Captain of the Wresting Team, Community Service through the Gorilla Grapplers Wrestling Club, Student Athlete Association Council (SAAC) Team Representative
- Hometown: Saugerties, NY
The Foundation is governed by a board of directors comprised of alumni, current and retired faculty, students and friends of SUNY Oneonta. The Foundation’s endowment and total assets are $53 million and provide over $3 million annually for student research, faculty development, scholarships and numerous campus programs.
The mission of the State University College at Oneonta Foundation Corporation is to raise and administer gifts and grants to enhance the academic status of the college through endowment, scholarships and institutional programs.