Provost Dr. James E. Mackin is pleased to announce that Dr. Stephen Walsh (Associate Professor in Management, Marketing & Information Systems) is the 2016 winner of the Ashok Kumar Malhotra Seva Faculty Award and will deliver this year’s lecture titled, “How an American Marketing Association Student Chapter Can Impact Its College, Its Community and the Nation,” on Tuesday, October 4 at 7:00 p.m. in Craven Lounge.
Created in 2008 to recognize faculty service both in and outside the classroom, the Ashok Kumar Malhotra Seva Faculty Award is made possible by an endowment from Dr. Ashok Kumar Malhotra, SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy, to the College at Oneonta Foundation. Criteria for receiving the $1,000 award include: community service – locally, nationally, or internationally, the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform community service, and the integration of community service in the teaching and learning process.
The lecture is free and open to the public. A dessert reception precedes the lecture.
During the spring semester the Campus Parking Committee developed a plan to redistribute parking in ways that better serve campus constituents, mostly having to do with consolidating permit types in specific lots and changing total numbers of stalls assigned to permit types based on usage data. This was the subject of several emails and an Open Forum held on May 3rd. These changes were put into effect during the week of July 25th, 2016 A map showing the new configuration is available at http://www.oneonta.edu/admin/police/pages/Oneonta_Parking_Brochure_2016.pdf.
Important Changes to the Parking Lots designations on Campus:
1. Tennis Court Parking Lot – Accessibility spaces change to reserve for SA Vans.
2. Hunt Union Main Lot (Along Bugbee Road) – CHANGE – Lot is now Commuter and Visitor (the Accessibility spaces remain the same)
3. Hunt Union Rear Lot (Along Blodgett Drive) – CHANGE – Lot is now Faculty / Staff.
4. The Lot at the top of the hill next to Fine Arts and Fitzelle stays F/S until contractors mobilize to start construction of the Welcome Center in the Fall of 2016
5. Health Center Lot back online – all Faculty / Staff
6. Physical Science Service Drive and adjacent lot back online – Faculty / Staff.
7. Both upper Parking Lots on the side hill between Golding Hall and the Bugbee School changes from Commuter to Commuter/Resident.
8. The Faculty-only spots at the Heating Plant and Milne Library near the Bus Stop turn into Faculty / Staff.
9. The Human Ecology Parking Lot between Red Dragon Drive and Alumni Hall will now be all Commuter parking.
The Admissions Parking area will remain the same until the Welcome Center is completed, but the perimeter parking spaces in that lot will now be Faculty/Staff.
10. Fine Arts / Field House Lots will all be for Faculty / Staff.
11. The western row of parking, along the drive to the rear of the Field House (formally Commuter and Faculty) will now be Faculty.
UUP Oneonta and other UUP chapters, along with thousands of other unionists, will again participate in New York City’s Labor Day parade. We will meet in Oneonta at 5:30 AM on Saturday, September 10th and then board the free UUP bus in Albany for the New York City parade.
UUP’s parade theme this year is “United for a Fair Contract,” and ties in with the union’s bid for a new, fair contract with the state. We will return to Oneonta by late afternoon. In New York City, we will march in solidarity with K-12 teacher, police, fire, and many other unions. Family members, friends, and community allies are welcome to participate. The union will provide complimentary lunch.
To participate in the parade:
CADE has created the “Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty” primer that we hope will help faculty as they think about how to help students use CADE’s various services. Each department should receive one printed copy via campus mail. The full document can be viewed at the following link also: Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty. If you have questions, please contact Alison Fugit at x3154.
SUNY O Farmers’ Market is back! Please join us in the Netzer Quad from 10am-3pm on the following Tuesdays (September 6,13,20,27, and October 4) to enjoy some of our locally grown products.
For more information, please contact Graig Eichler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Red Closet Thrift Shop will re-open Wednesday, August 31st ! Hours of operation are Wednesday through Friday 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Red Closet is operated by dedicated staff and student volunteers and all proceeds benefit a sustainability scholarship. If you are interested in volunteering at a fun shop, contact us by email at email@example.com. Donating is easy too! You can drop gently used items off at the shop or put your items in one of the convenient bins in various dorms.
So come check us out for some great bargains on quality gently-used items. For more information please click on the following link: Red Closet Thrift Shop