ATTENTION!! Call for nominations and submissions for the annual Ashok Kumar Malhotra Seva (Compassionate Service) Faculty Award
Eligibility: All SUNY-Oneonta faculty
Selection criteria include:
- Exemplary record of community service (locally, nationally, &/or internationally),
- Ability to motivate others to perform community service,
- Record of integrating community service into the teaching and learning process, and
- Ability to give a 45-minute presentation concerning items #1-3.
Tuesday, July 5, 2016: Deadline for electronic submission of nominations (including self-nominations) to: Lisa.Keaney@oneonta.edu.
Checklist of materials to submit:
- 1. Statement regarding community service, including evidence of: (a) motivating others and
- (b) integrating community service into the teaching and learning process.
- 2. Title and brief outline of proposed presentation.
- 3. Explanation of why the topic will interest a general audience, how it will inspire others to perform community service, and how it will enhance the reputation of the college.
- 4. Letter of support from someone familiar with the candidate’s community service.
The Ashok Kumar Malhota Seva Faculty Award is made possible by an endowment created by Dr. Ashok Malhotra, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Philosophy. A similar award honors students who (a) maintain a high GPA and (b) demonstrate an exemplary record of community service. Contact Linda Drake at the Center for Social Responsibility and Community for details.
This year’s selection committee includes Ms. Linda Drake (chair – Director of the Center for Social Responsibility and Community), Dr. James Ebert, (Distinguished Teaching Professor of Earth Sciences and Professor of Earth Sciences), Dr. Gretchen Sorin (Distinguished Service Professor of History and Director of the Cooperstown Graduate Program), Dr. Maria Montoya, (Assistant Professor of Foreign Languages & Literatures and recipient of the 2013 Seva Faculty Award), Rosemarie Avanzato, (Lecturer of Secondary Education/Human Ecology and recipient of the 2014 Seva Faculty Award) and Dr. Gina Keel, Associate Professor of Political Science and recipient of the 2015 Seva Faculty Award)