With the new form of orientation comes a change to the college’s move-in processes. This information will be provided to students via the Residence Life web page, the communication plan, and via a hard copy letter. If you are unsure of the answer to a question regarding move-in for students, please forward the call to Residence Life at #2514.
In an effort to cut down on congestion and to streamline the check-in process, we will be staggering the opening times of residence halls. Please refer to this information in order to ensure that students know their correct check-in time frame. Students will receive their room assignment in myOneonta around July 18, 2016.
August 24, 2016 is move-in day for new students only– see below for specific times
- 8:00am – 10:30am: Littell and Wilber Hall residents will check-in
- 9:00am – 1:00pm: Hays and Hulbert Hall residents will check-in
- 9:30am -1:00pm: Blodgett, Curtis, Ford, Grant, Higgins, Huntington, Matteson, MacDuff, and Sherman Hall residents will check-in
- 10:30am – 1:30pm: Golding and Tobey Hall residents will check-in
At check-in, students will receive their room keys and move their belongings into their room. After they have completed their Room Condition Report, they will return it and receive their Orientation materials, which will include both their individual orientation schedule and their advisement record.
- New students who are living off-campus will check-in at the HUB in the Hunt Union Lobby.
- Parking lots will be heavily used that day as we will have over 1200 new students moving into our residence halls.
- We will be in need of volunteers and will be partnering with Orientation to send out one call for volunteers in the next week for both move in and orientation. We appreciate your support in welcoming our new students to the Red Dragon Community.
August 27-28, 2016: Move-in Days for returning students.