Unfortunately, it does not look like the weather is going to cooperate on Friday for our Pass Through the Pillars Event. Fortunately, we have a rain plan! We have moved Pass Through the Pillars to Thursday, May 12 at 12 p.m. The Senior BBQ will follow.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH ALL GRADUATING SENIORS YOU KNOW!
Here is the timeline for THURSDAY afternoon:
2016 Senior Class BBQ/Pass through the Pillars
Inclement Weather Plan – THURSDAY, MAY 12
- 11:45 a.m. Students will begin lining up on the walkway outside of Fine Arts
- Noon Students will begin to Pass through the Pillars of Old Main
- 12:40 p.m. Champagne toast and speech by Joe Nina, Senior Class President-Waterfront, Hunt Union
- 1:00 p.m. BBQ begins-Susquehanna Room and Patio, Hunt Union (for graduating seniors only-this is a paid event)
- 4:00 p.m. BBQ ends-ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR DAY
FOR MORE INFORMATION RE: EVENTS: www.oneontaalumni.com/seniors2016
(REHEARSAL FOR COMMENCEMENT WILL STILL OCCUR ON FRIDAY! For more information about graduation go to www.oneonta.edu/commencement)
The Office of Alumni Engagement would like all faculty and staff to come to the quad at 11:45 a.m. to begin to cheer for our graduating seniors! This annual tradition is even more remarkable with the students have familiar, friendly faces there to cheer them on! We hope to see you all there!
From the Office of Facilities:
On Sunday May 15th, all power to campus buildings will be shut down in order to perform scheduled maintenance on the campus electrical systems.
The outage is scheduled to run from 6 AM until 6 PM.
Consequently, with the exception of Bugbee School, all campus buildings will be unavailable for use on this day. Card access will be shut down. IT / Networking services including ShoreTel Voice-over-IP phones in these buildings will also be out of service. In most buildings, emergency lighting systems will only be available for 90 minutes after the shutdown commences. Elevator systems, of course, will be out of service as well. The fire alarm system will remain in service via an emergency generator.
Prior to leaving your office on Friday May 13th, please turn off all electronic equipment such as computers and fax machines. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rick Roberts at MOC: 436-2507. Thank you for your consideration in advance!
With the new form of orientation comes a change to the college’s move-in processes. This information will be provided to students via the Residence Life web page, the communication plan, and via a hard copy letter. If you are unsure of the answer to a question regarding move-in for students, please forward the call to Residence Life at #2514.
In an effort to cut down on congestion and to streamline the check-in process, we will be staggering the opening times of residence halls. Please refer to this information in order to ensure that students know their correct check-in time frame. Students will receive their room assignment in myOneonta around July 18, 2016.
August 24, 2016 is move-in day for new students only– see below for specific times
- 8:00am – 10:30am: Littell and Wilber Hall residents will check-in
- 9:00am – 1:00pm: Hays and Hulbert Hall residents will check-in
- 9:30am -1:00pm: Blodgett, Curtis, Ford, Grant, Higgins, Huntington, Matteson, MacDuff, and Sherman Hall residents will check-in
- 10:30am – 1:30pm: Golding and Tobey Hall residents will check-in
At check-in, students will receive their room keys and move their belongings into their room. After they have completed their Room Condition Report, they will return it and receive their Orientation materials, which will include both their individual orientation schedule and their advisement record.
- New students who are living off-campus will check-in at the HUB in the Hunt Union Lobby.
- Parking lots will be heavily used that day as we will have over 1200 new students moving into our residence halls.
- We will be in need of volunteers and will be partnering with Orientation to send out one call for volunteers in the next week for both move in and orientation. We appreciate your support in welcoming our new students to the Red Dragon Community.
August 27-28, 2016: Move-in Days for returning students.