NEW for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Starting this Fall all Federal Work Study (FWS) positions will be posted on DragonLink for students to apply. Students who qualify for Federal Work Study will now have a chance to choose where they would like to work and you as a supervisor will have the opportunity to hire the student that qualifies with the FWS position you have created.
Here are the details:
- To simplify the process for supervisors this year, all FWS positions have already been entered into DragonLink for students to apply. If you have other job descriptions you would like to submit, please contact Student Employment Services at the Career Development Center by calling x2534.
- Students will view your detailed job description on DragonLink and they can apply by calling or emailing the supervisor listed on the job description any time after 8/1/17.
- Student Employment paperwork for FWS students: Supervisors hiring FWS student(s) will now complete a NEW Student Employment Form (similar to the white card that has been used for temporary service hiring). Please note that the same form will now be used for hiring FWS students or students working through temporary service payroll. The new form will replace the white card and will be available at the Payroll Office and at the Payroll Office’s website starting Fall 2017. Once supervisor and FWS student completes the new Student Employment Form, FWS student(s) should bring the form to be processed at the Career Development Center. At that point, student(s) will also complete their employment paperwork (tax forms and I-9 Form).
- The timesheet process will continue to be electronic and will be handled in the same manner as they are now through the Payroll Office. For more information on the electronic timesheet process please visit: http://www.oneonta.edu/admin/humres/Payroll/student-payroll.asp
- Supervisor and students must monitor earnings very closely and watch for Financial Aid reports regarding their student workers. Students can monitor their hours and earnings by logging into their timesheet online and also on WebServices. I would strongly suggest marking down on your outlook calendar when the last day of work should be for your FWS student(s)!
Last but not least, Anna Legname (Student Employment Coordinator) will not be available during the month of July due to 11 month contract. However, for assistance with Student Employment Services during Anna’s absence please contact the Career Development Center x2534. For questions related to the new FWS process during the month of July, please contact Karen Conrad (Scholarship Coordinator) @ Karen.email@example.com x2333.